Dr. Philip R. Harper, DMD, FAGD, FICOI, FDOCS is an Idaho native who grew up just a few miles away from our current office location. Both of his parents came from very large families in Idaho, and Dr. Harper is very happy to be practicing so close to home, family, and friends. After graduating from Hillcrest High School, he attended Utah State University where he pursued his undergraduate studies after serving in a two-year church mission in Antofogasta, Chile. Dr. Harper then went on to obtain his DMD from the University of Louisville School of Dentistry.
He recently received his Fellowship from the Academy of General Dentistry. He has a passion for continuing his professional development by attending advanced educational courses in all areas of dentistry including cosmetic and aesthetic dentistry, rotary endodontics, implant placement and restoration, and oral conscious and IV sedation. Dr. Harper enjoys all aspects of general dentistry and takes great pride in providing his patients with an honest opinion, and gentle treatment, with great attention to detail.
He also is fluent in Spanish and enjoys the opportunity to talk with patients in Spanish when possible. Dr. Harper has been married to his wife Amanda for 17 years and they have two children, Sydney and Austin. Other than dentistry, his hobbies are playing golf, traveling with family and friends and flying airplanes.
Dr. Harper’s Credentials:
- Fellow, Academy of General Dentistry ™
- Fellow, International Congress of Oral Implantology
- Fellow, DOCS
- Member, American Dental Association
- Member, American Academy of Cosmetic Dentists
- Oral Conscious and IV Sedation Certified
- Placed over 2000 implants
- Botox, Juvederm and Kybella Certified
- Associate Member, American Academy of Facial Esthetics
- Advanced Cosmetic Veneer training
- TMJ and full mouth reconstruction trained
- Ranked among Americas Top Dentists by Consumers Research Council of America
- Wisdom Teeth Removal
- Smiles For Santa for the last 11 years, donating over $363,000 in free dentistry
- Former Chairman of the Board and Founder, Alturas International Academy, an international baccalaureate program